Your privacy is important to us
By using our website or the services offered by us, you are consenting to our use of such personal information as you provide to us as described herein.
We might change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
Tel: +44 (0)208 545 2631
The Old Church
89B Quicks Road
London SW19 1EX
Phone: +44 (0)1625 545 745
Who are we?
Vivu Journeys (referred to in this Policy as “we” or “us”) operates the https://vivujourneys.com website. In our website, you can find our registered office locations and further detail on the company.
What information do we collect?
‘Personal Information’ is defined under local data protection law. Generally, the type of personal information we collect is used and required solely to facilitate travel arrangements and booking requirements on your behalf.
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, we may collect and hold personal information such as:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travellers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives.
If you pay by credit card, we will not store any credit card information. The payment will be processed via a secured online payment link or if you visit our office/ tour desk, you will swipe your card through our POS merchant.
Information that we collect (such as about your passport information) may be considered “sensitive information”. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive information on the condition that we have your consent.
We collect information about you when you register for our newsletter or blog, this information is limited to your name and email address.
If you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, blogs, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant in-store or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf. Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking. By providing your personal information to us, either directly or through a family member, employer or other agent or representative in connection with a travel booking or related service, you will be deemed to have consented to your personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy.
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for us to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Policy and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Policy.
You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent or if you did not obtain consent before providing another person’s personal information to us.
We will collect your data of your name and email address when you register to send you the Vivu Journeys Newsletter or blog. We will not share your data with third parties in this case.
We use the information on your use of the Vivu Journeys website collected via cookies to periodically analyse the visitor patterns of behaviour on our website and improve your experience.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- Manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- To contact you in the event of an emergency
- Combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- To contact you to seek your interest in taking part in research projects, such as surveys, to assist us in providing better services and to enhance your customer experience, including your website experience
- To identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- To make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- For identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to us to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow-up enquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information internally within Vivu Journeys and to our related overseas entities for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes. Any marketing purposes will be conducted in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in our countries or overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyse trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
Marketing and Privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details below to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Security of Information
We have implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference. We regularly review security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by organisations operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We put in place appropriate protections to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and that it is treated in line with this Policy. These protections include, but are not limited to, appropriate contract clauses, and appropriate security measures.
We will retain your personal data for only as long as it is necessary for the uses set out in this Privacy Notice and/or to meet legal and regulatory requirements. After this period, we will securely erase personal data. If data is needed after this period for analytical, historical or other legitimate business purposes, we will take appropriate measures to anonymise this data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Social Media Integrations
Our websites and mobile applications may use social media features and widgets (such as “Like” and “Share” buttons/widgets). These are provided and operated by third party companies (e.g.Facebook, Twitter etc.) and either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website or mobile application. Such features may collect information such as the page you are visiting on our website/mobile application, your IP address, and may set cookies to enable the feature to function properly.
If you are logged into your account with a third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to and use of our website to your social media account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social media features may be recorded by the third party. In addition, the third-party company may send us information in line with their policies, such as your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available, and we may share information with the third party company for the purposes of serving targeted marketing to you via the third party social media platform. You can manage the sharing of information and opt-out from targeted marketing via your privacy settings for the third party social media platform.
Tracking Technologies & Cookies
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps (such as Google, Facebook, affiliate tracking etc.). The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
When you access our website, open electronic correspondence or communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet. We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymised data regarding usage of our website and/or mobile applications. We may also link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purposes described above (e.g. to tailored online advertising, provided you have opted in).
Our websites may also contain links to third party websites over which we have no control over. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third party websites you visit.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
We may use Google Analytics, a popular web analytics service provided by Google to look at the information collected on cookies, to help to improve our visitor website experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies should you wish to; more information can be found on this website www.aboutcookies.org.
Feedback and contact
If you wish to inform us of a change or correction to your personal information, request a copy of the information we collect on you, request deletion of your information or would like to restrict the further processing of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Post: Vivu Journeys UK Limited
The Old Church, Quicks Road, Wimbledon, London, England, SW19 1EX
Updated April 2020